- I am relieved to hear Will McMahon say the ISN have not given up on TUSC. However, there are problems with what we are being told. Nick has already told me on Facebook that he saw no need to refer to TUSC in this very long article, which I like quite a lot. However, this is to do an ostrich impression given the rabid anti-TUSC propaganda that litters Left Unity’s website.
- To say, as Will does, that TUSC and Left Unity “are different expressions of the same problem. The need to build a mass socialist party….” The reality, comrades, is that unless they negotiate an electoral pact each of these organisations will contribute to the sabotage of this mass socialist party we all want.
- Nick Wrack, Pete McLaren, Will McMahon and co will not be able to play a positive role if they refuse to take on the anti-TUSC sectarians in Left Unity.
- Given Left Unity’s premature and highly ambiguous adoption of one-member-one-vote, an electoral pact between these two organisations is now the order of the day. Ken Loach will inevitably prove an ally (an indispensable ally) in securing such a pact.
- Left Unity is capable of playing a very positive role by becoming a super ISN. As such, it can evolve into the membership component of this mass socialist party. But that is only possibly if it embraces anti-capitalist priorities, which appears not to be the dominant position of those posting on Left Unity’s website at the moment.
[comment left on the ISN’s website: http://www.independentsocialistnetwork.org/?p=2148#comment-83612]